lördag, juni 13, 2009

dear dole, my home adress is...

while in NORWAY, I´m reached by the news that my fellow directing colleague FREDRIK GERTTEN (we both work and live in MALMÖ, SWEDEN) and his upcoming documentary feature film "BANANAS*", chronicling the international conglomerate DOLE, has been pulled from the competition slate at the LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL, where the film will have its world premiere. this is due to DOLEs threats with legal actions against the festival. however, the festival will still show the film, and will also organize a panel discussion about the contents of the film after the screening.

in a column today in southern SWEDENs biggest morning newspaper, SYDSVENSKA DAGBLADE, journalist PATRIK SVENSSON writes that different bloggers, reporters and other people who have written about DOLE and also about "BANANAS*", have received threatening letters from a PR-consultant firm.

to clarify my position on this, I hereby state my mail adress:

CSABA BENE PERLENBERG (2nd floor)
ÖSTERGATAN 65
261 34 LANDSKRONA, SWEDEN

please use the prefix "MR." when writing.

Etiketter: , , ,